Optics, Software Engineer
|Space Micro, San Diego, CA, United States|
Space Micro is a fast-paced satellite product company that is looking for candidates who thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment, some of our interesting projects are Government Contracts.
Potential employees should have a mix of technical expertise and experience and be strongly motivated to achieve technical success on complex engineering projects. Equally as important at Space Micro is that we are looking for self-starting and self-directed candidates who can take a project or assignment and truly "own" it; they can direct themselves day-to-day and keep moving towards to a solution and/or product. The ability to multitask helps significantly since most employees will have a primary project assignment, but also be asked to consult on and review the work done on other projects at the company.
Space Micro has found that potential employees who are used to the large, multi-layered, slow, tech companies (that generate as much paper as they do products) will not truly be suitable for a career at Space Micro. If you like the idea of working on interesting projects and seeing your work from the early "conceptual" stage through to product delivery, then Space Micro will be an interesting place for you to move forward with your career.
As an Optics Software Engineer, you will help develop the Camera systems for our Satellite. Develop R&D lab characterization plan to support new camera architecture and design Benchmark camera performance from early prototype to product launch deliver executive-level presentations of results in regular review with cross-functional teams Lead end-to-end new lab test hardware/software design and development. Provide guidance and recommendation to production line testing requirements.
- Implement and maintain a real-time camera capture pipeline.
- Design tools used in-camera image quality efforts.
- Experience with handling optics lab equipment – imaging cameras, power meters, spectrometer, oscilloscopes, optical stages/mounts, etc.
- Implement hardware-specific image processing algorithms
- Expertise in camera technology in at least one of these areas: sensor technology, optical system design, and imaging algorithms (AW/AE/AF, etc.)
- Familiar with image quality evaluation methodology and general optical metrology
- Familiar with camera hardware design (components, functions, etc.)
- Familiar with image processing algorithms and analysis
- Master at least one programming languages: Matlab, Python for lab equipment control, data collection, and data analysis
- Experience with developing characterization instruments involving optical, mechanical, and electrical hardware
- Experience with digital imaging, including camera technology (sensor, VCM, ISP, 3A, system architecture, etc), imaging science (light, color, noise, dynamic range, etc), and optics.
- 5+ years of experience working on image quality evaluation for imaging sensors, digital cameras, or other imaging systems.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and running image quality test protocols, performing data analysis, and generating reports.
- Five or more years of related experience.
- May need to focus on small objects for extended periods of time.
- May stand for extended periods.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENT. WE WORK WITH GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS.