Located just north of Santa Barbara on the scenic Central Coast of California, Karl Storz Imaging designs and manufactures high tech medical imaging equipment, including video cameras and image enhancing devices. We emply technical staff with expertise in electronics, optics, Image Processing,Mechanical Systems and Software. Our corporate headquarters ins based in Tuttlingen, Germany and for more that 75 years has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufacturers and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Job Summary: Produce advance designs and algorithms for image processing, image compression and image storage systems. Perform research & development of new image processing techniques for the use in future products. Provide analytical support of image processing system performance to the produce development teams. Design test fixtures and tooling, test procedures and other manufacturing support. Perform Competitive analyses.
- Produce FPGA-based modules to implement camera processing, image and signal processing, video encoding and decoding.
- Verify FPGA-gased modules against system requirements using simulations.
Analyses & Modeling:
- Perform system modeling of camera systems components, which include imagers, CDS sampling and digital image processing.
- Perform system modeling of image compression algorithms including MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 standards.
- Determin, where appropriate, empirical methods to validate analytical models. If necessary update the model assumptions and/or empirical methods to correlate the results. Document the results of the analyses in technical reports.
- Develop image processing algorithms for acquisition based on CCD and CMOS sensors using color filter array, trichroic prism, interlaced and progressive scan.
- Research & develop new image processing techniques, solutions for use in future and existing KSI products.
- Review & understand the following standards:
- Image Compression Standards (MPEG-2 & MPEG-4)
- Image Storage Hardware Performance (DVD, BLURAY,HD_DVD)
- Image Storage File Formats (tiff, bmp)
- Hospital Information Formats (DICOM, HL-7)
Quality standards recognizing that the products are used in the medical industry.
Duragility - all activities assiciate witht he position must address the long term durability of the design .
Efficay - all activities associate with this position must consider the devices final application and use.
Bachelors of Science in EE with emphasis in Signal Processing or related field with 9-12 years in analog/digital systems design and analysis. DSP Techniques, algorithm development. MS in Image Processing or related field with 7-11 years exp.
Design and familiarity with FPGA. Familiarity with Endoscope a plus.
Link to job posting: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org-KARLSTORZENDO&cws=41&rid=10800
We have a full and very rich benefit package.