Centauri is looking for an Optical Research Engineer to join our team located at our Ann Arbor facilities. This group works on cutting edge technologies in a heavy research and development environment. The team focuses on systems, software, and algorithms for space and other applications.
• Design, develop, build, and test hardware and algorithmic aspects of optical systems
• Full lab bench utilizing practical hardware experience, model and simulation, image processing, and physics-based algorithms
• Experience in image forming systems, interferometry, holography, coherent imaging, adaptive optics, active imaging, three-dimensional imaging, and / or three-dimensional display.
• Proven track record in a hands-on R/D research role
• Work with other engineers in a collaborative and cross-functional environment to develop and implement state-of-the-art and innovative optical systems for several different applications from defense, intelligence, as well as commercial customers
• Support development by writing and briefing proposals, responding to RFIs, writing white papers, and participating in proposal reviews.
• Conduct research and plans development and design of lasers, infrared, and other light emitting and light sensitive devices.
• Design electronic circuitry and optical components with specific characteristics to fit within specified mechanical limits and to perform according to specifications.
• May conduct application analysis to determine commercial, industrial, scientific, medical, military or other use for electro-optical devices.