|W. M. Keck Observatory, Kamuela, HI, United States|
- M. Keck Observatory (WMKO) operates two 10-meter optical/infrared telescopes and an associated suite of advanced instrumentation. These telescopes have been extremely productive scientifically and have allowed the WMKO science community to play a leading role in understanding the universe from our solar system, to exoplanets, black holes, the earliest galaxies, and dark matter and energy.
The Software Engineer is responsible for a variety of duties related to developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software for control solutions used at the observatory as well as integrating and maintaining software for science instruments.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other relevant engineering or science field.
- Experience in development and maintenance of distributed control systems for engineering or scientific applications.
- Hands-on experience with real-time or near real-time control systems.
- Direct experience implementing and maintaining complex automation controls (such as device control, motion control and sequence control) in a scientific or industrial setting.
Desired Qualifications, but not required
- Strong math skills with a demonstrated ability to apply it for control applications.
- Experience programming in distributed control frameworks such as EPICS.
- Experience in adaptive optics systems
To see the full job description, go to https://keckobservatory.applicantpro.com/jobs