• MS or PhD in optics, physics, electrical engineering or another related discipline from an accredited university with 0-1 years’ experience or pursuing a MS or PhD and within 6 months of degree conferred
• Demonstrated experience using a common processing language (e.g. MATLAB, Python, IDL, C/C++, Fortran) to implement solutions to problems in remote sensing.
• Strong analytic problem-solving skills relating to the performance of passive remote sensing electro-optical visible and infrared sensors, including topics such as: radiometry, radiative transfer, wavefront propagation and sensing, diffraction effects, detection theory, sensor performance metrics, and visible and infrared backgrounds.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and government customers, and with contractor personnel.
• Must have or be able to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information TS/SCI SSBI security clearance.
• Completed PhD in optics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or another related discipline.
• Experience using common codes to calculate atmospheric transmission as it relates to electro-optical radiometry (e.g. MODTRAN).
• Experience in phase retrieval techniques for optical system analysis.
• Demonstrated team leadership and mentoring experience.