• Design, model, and analyze passive electro-optical airborne and space-based remote sensing systems including visible and infrared imaging radiometers and spectral imaging sensors.
• Generate novel remote sensing payload concepts to meet evolving customer requirements.
• Develop and review test setups, procedures and data for integration and alignment of optical systems.
• Work independently and collaborate with senior staff and department management to solve challenging technical problems.
• MS or PhD in optics, physics, electrical engineering or another related discipline from an accredited university with 0-1 years’ experience or pursuing a MS or PhD and within 6 months of degree conferred
• Strong computer programming skills (e.g. data analysis, scripting) in an engineering application environment such as MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, or Mathematica.
• Experience collecting and analyzing interferometric data for optical system alignment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and government customers, and with contractor personnel.
• Must have or be able to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information TS/SCI SSBI security clearance.
• Completed PhD in optics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or another related discipline.
• Good analytical skills in passive remote sensing electro-optical system performance evaluation including radiometry, optical design and testing, and sensor performance metrics.
• Experience with opto-mechanical design for implementation and build.
• Demonstrated experience in the integration, test, and performance verification and validation of optical systems.
• Demonstrated team leadership and mentoring experience.