|Leonardo, Tucson, AZ, United States|
Lasertel offers an exciting and innovative environment in which to work. We are committed to attracting and keeping the highest quality staff with ongoing training, excellent working conditions, and outstanding benefits.
The Epitaxial Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of one or more MBE systems growing GaAs and InP based diode laser structure to support production and engineering development needs.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of one or more MBE systems
- Design and perform DOEs for quality improvement and device development
- Assist in wafer characterization, including Surfscan, XRD, PL and ECV
- Support wafer characterization equipments maintenance and repair
- Supports other activities in the epitaxy department, including database management, data entering, manipulation and analysis, purchasing
- MS or PhD in Materials Science, Physics or Electrical Engineering and 1 year direct epitaxial experience is required.
- Must have extensive experience in the scientific and engineering aspects of compound semiconductor growth including material and structure characterization.
- Must have some experience growing any kind of material by MBE, preferably phosphorus based materials. Or a Bachelors degree in Materials Science, Physics or Electrical Engineering and 3 years direct epitaxial growth experience working with semiconductor materials, devices, vacuum, electronics and computer skills required.
- Must be self motivated, takes initiative and is accountable.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Lifting may be needed to perform some operation/ research/ repair/maintenance duties.