Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Assembly Manufacturing Engineer is a hands-on position for executing and supporting manufacturing activities of infrared and optical focal plane array (FPA) assemblies. This position requires to work alongside the FPA production team in the cleanroom and is responsible for the development and manufacturing of FPA assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow workflow and work instructions for all work on hardware assemblies
- Work with production team to maintain and develop assembly processes
- Generate, update and maintain manufacturing workflow and work instructions
- Develop and preform precision alignment, die attachment and CMM measurements
- Conduct and oversee in-process inspections, data analysis and documentation
- Contribute to manufacturing troubleshooting, equipment repair and hardware rework
- Document and report promptly any nonconforming events from manufacturing
- Conduct and support failure analysis and root cause identification
- Working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for reporting and tracking
- Ability to work flexible schedule and additional hours as needed.
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Thorough understanding of basic mechanical, electrical and optical measurements for assembly manufacturing
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in interacting with team members, customers and the management
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- A team player and effective interaction with fellow engineers and technicians.
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures to daily work and resolve issues
- Exemplary ethics and business conduct and work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of three years of experience working as a manufacturing assembly engineer and with processes such as precision alignment, mounting, thermal cycling and CMM, etc.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen