We are a leader in the design, development and marketing of high-productivity process manufacturing equipment solutions to the hard drive industry. Our equipment deposits thin films on magnetic disks that are used in hard disk drives. We believe our magnetic media systems represent approximately 60% of the installed base worldwide. All magnetic media manufacturers, namely Seagate Technology, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Fuji Electric, Western Digital and Showa Denko utilize our process equipment.
In our Photonics business, we are a leader in the development and manufacture of leading edge, high-sensitivity digital imaging products and vision systems as well as Raman instruments designed for materials identification. Markets addressed include military, industrial, medical and scientific.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intevac Website: www.intevac.com
Perform system engineering tasks in support of development and fielding of advanced low light level portable sensor and display subsystems. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore new technologies and product concepts, create new products, enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
Primary Job Duties (essential):
- Flow down of customer system requirements into applicable subsystem requirements
- Performing trade studies to determine optimum system configuration
- System performance analyses
- System design leadership
- Evaluate final products assuring accomplishment of technical objectives
- Work with customers on specifications and system design
- Prepare, present reports and make recommendations to achieve desired results.
- Significant interface with customer engineering and management personnel is required.