Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Equipment and Photonics. In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the sole source provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs.
In our Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high productivity, thin film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties. Intevac is the market and technology leader in the hard drive industry with approximately 60% of all magnetic disk media produced worldwide. Our technology solutions improve performance and throughput, and continue to expand into additional markets - including solar and adjacent thin film deposition applications. Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Intevac Website: www.intevac.com Send Resumes to Kbasl@intevac.com
Intevac is seeking for an Imaging Systems Engineer for the development of vision systems. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for detail. You will be expected to explore new technologies and product concepts, create new products, enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies.
- Define camera and display systems specifications, hardware and software requirements
- Work with customers on specifications and system design
- Work with business development to conceptualize new systems and write proposals
- Perform camera system modelling, problem investigation and resolution
- Work with hardware and firmware engineers to debug systems and evaluate performance
- Specify, design, simulate and optimize image processing algorithms, augmented reality and deep learning functions
- Develop specifications for optics and electro-optical systems
- Develop plans, procedures and methods to test and characterize cameras and image sensors
- Perform test and characterization of imaging systems
- Evaluate final products assuring accomplishment of technical objectives
- Prepare, present reports and make recommendations to achieve desired results.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Through experience or course work, expertise in video systems, image sensors and displays
- Fundamental understanding of designing and characterizing optical systems, cameras and displays
- Fundamental understanding of image processing algorithms and video image signal processing chain
- Some understanding of optics and optical systems
- Strong programming skills, including C/C++, Matlab, Python or others
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary technical environment and obtain results in a dynamic organization