Required Qualifications- Experience, Educations, Skills, and Knowledge:
- An MS degree in engineering, physics, or closely related field
- Experience in optical system design, analysis, and construction
- Previous primary authorship of one or more research publications
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Ph.D. degree, or M.S. degree + 3 years of experience
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technical areas:
- laser beam physics and practical beam management systems;
- optical simulation with Zemax;
- nanophotonics design and simulation (FDTD or RCWA approaches);
- finite element modeling and multiphysics simulations for MEMS (Ansys or Comsol);
- micro-electro-mechanical-systems design and fabrication experience;
- electronics design
The successful candidate will:
- be highly proficient both technically and scientifically
- be innovative
- have strong scientific writing skills
- have project management skills
- have teamwork skills and ability to serve as a research mentor
This project is funded by the US Air Force and requires US Citizenship or permanent residency
Continuation of employment is contingent upon the availability of funding.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This position includes supervisory duties.