MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Design and development of manufacturing processes/plans for NPI including DFMEA and PFMEA processes
- Determine causes of operational problems or failures by completing 8D reports
- Support RMA process to evaluate OBQ and root cause analysis
- Support and lead continuous improvement programs such as lean manufacturing to enhance quality, reliability, and cost effectiveness. 6S and Lean project support
- Either design new Lean Six Sigma concepts or evaluate and implement existing concepts and best-in-class manufacturing techniques
- Incorporate engineering specifications into design, process, or techniques and provide feedback to capture lessons learned
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics
- Improve manufacturing process cost
- Ensure solutions achieve required quality levels, reliability, and consistency
- Bachelor’s in electronics, electrical, or mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to deal with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting/writing Technical Information, and Lean Manufacturing Principals such as JIT, Kanban, six sigma, poka yoke (mistake proofing), value stream mapping, and Kaizen.