Microlution is a Chicago, IL based manufacturer of small, high-precision manufacturing equipment. Microlution is a subsidiary of GF Machining Solutions that designs, builds, sells, and supports products for customers in the US and abroad. Microlution’s customers include Fortune 500 companies in biomedical, electronics, automotive, defense, and other industries. Microlution specializes in high precision laser machining for hole-drilling and micro-cutting applications with product lines that include 3 and 5-axis ultrafast laser machining centers, and multi-station laser machining centers. The company was founded in 2005 and offers a high-energy, small company atmosphere where every employee can see the direct benefits of their contributions to the success and growth of the company.
Microlution is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on Software Engineer for Microlution’s product development team. As Software Engineer, you will work on the development and continuous improvement of Microlution’s machine control and user interface software packages. You will be responsible for code creation and development to successfully execute the company’s technical initiatives. You will also work with the sales, application development and service teams on software development efforts. You must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with an expanding product base.
- Assist in the development of new versions of our software for new products
- Assist in the development of new software functionality
- Assist in the development of revisions to existing software
- Assist in the management and maintenance of software revisions and documentation
- Industrialize machine control and user interface software
- Provide advanced support for internal and external customers
- Lead software development for machine automation projects
- A strong working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft visual studio, C#, .NET framework 4.5, WCF, WPF, VB .NET
- Experience with C and Linux
- Object Oriented programming and multi-threading
- Microsoft SQL Server and stored procedures
- Microsoft Office
- Experience developing user interface and control software for industrial systems including hardware integration and API integration
- Hands-on experience working with CNC machines
- Experience with distributed and client-server architectures
- Experience with software testing and validation
- Experience with version control (Git), continuous Integration/Deployment (Azure DevOps)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience is desired
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & BENEFITS
Microlution offers an excellent benefits package including complete healthcare coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and company match, paid holidays, PTO and much more. Microlution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.