Microlution is a Chicago, IL based manufacturer of small, high-precision manufacturing equipment. Microlution is a subsidiary of GF Machining Solutions that designs, builds, sells, and supports products for customers in the US and abroad. Microlution’s customers include Fortune 500 companies in biomedical, electronics, automotive, defense, and other industries. Microlution specializes in high precision laser machining for hole-drilling and micro-cutting applications with product lines that include 3 and 5-axis ultrafast laser machining centers, and multi-station laser machining centers. The company was founded in 2005 and offers a high-energy, small company atmosphere where every employee can see the direct benefits of their contributions to the success and growth of the company.
Microlution is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on Product Application Engineer for Microlution’s product development team. As Product Application Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying and executing product industrialization improvements and executing turnkey projects. In this role, the engineer is a key link between the applications teams, lead product engineers, and engineering disciplines. This role is also a key individual contributor for concepting and implementing industrialization improvements, including user training material. You must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with an expanding product base.
- Work with Product Engineers to define and execute project-based application requirements (especially for turn-key projects)
- Work with applications, sales/service, and R&D team to maintain a prioritized list of industrialization activities. T
- Execute product industrialization activities. Potential examples include:
- Concept and/or implement new functions to promote ease of use
- Create user and training material, including demonstration parts and training videos
- Define scope of development effort for engineering disciplines for industrialization activities. Advocate for these activities in development planning meetings
- Provide the know-transfer to the application team in order to train and assure the most effective use of the product improvements
- Leveraging complete technical knowledge support to application eng. solving difficult applications aspects (level 3 support)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or significant relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment industry sector is an asset
- Product development or applications for machine-based product is an asset
- CAD experience is an asset
- Some software proficiency is an asset
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & BENEFITS
Microlution offers an excellent benefits package including complete healthcare coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and company match, paid holidays, PTO and much more.
Microlution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.