Vision Engineering Inc is the North American subsidiary of Vision Engineering Ltd (UK). Established in 1985, Vision Engineering Inc. is a manufacturer of high tech optical and digital instrumentation, with modern manufacturing facilities in New Milford, Connecticut. A newly formed regional Tech & Sales Centre in Irvine, California has been established to cover this extremely high tech area and the West coast.
If you are at the SPIE show, please come by and visit us at stand number 3371.
Due to rapid business growth & development, a new role has been created for an Optics Business Development Executive in the North American region, to join an existing successful and dynamic commercial team. This role is either based in the new regional Tech offices in Irvine, California, or in the Manufacturing Base in New Milford, Connecticut. The role is suitable for a good candidate who largely works from a home office, with periodic visits to California or Connecticut.
The Optics Business Development Executive has a technical business development & sales role. Reporting to the VOptics Manager, who is based in the UK.
- Develop the North American market for sourced optics
- Carry out a thorough market analysis of existing & potential vertical markets
- Create a viable 3 year strategy for the development of the North American optics market
- Build up & maintain potential USA, Canada, Mexico & Costa Rica customer databases by internet search engine, exhibition leads, optical magazines, and any relevant information sources
- Liaise with the VOptics Europe Optics Business Development Executive, to ensure coverage of multinational customers
- Liaise with the VOptics Far East (China) team for advances in technology, materials and manufacturing processes
- Generate requests for quote by phone calls, e-mails, customer visit, social media and other marketing communication methods
- Work with VOptics manager and design team to produce quotes and send quotes to customers
- Close orders with customers
- Liaise with customers to ensure required quality and manage specifications
- Manage after sales service, for example, handling defect rejection, monitoring repair and replacement
The role will suit any of the following candidates:
- 5 years+ sales or business development experience in any of the following disciplines:
- Digital imaging
- The candidate should have relevant basic optical component and system knowledge. Lenses, mirrors, prisms, filters, lasers camera system, etc, either gained through on the job experience or through academic study. For guidance, suitable subjects in Physics, Optics, Photonics at college level or better (further training will be given)
- Either equivalent experience or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Team player, but must also be proactive, with independence of thought
- Candidates will need a sound user level knowledge of Microsoft packages (training on our in-house systems will be given)
- Desirable knowledge in reading drawings, technical specifications, CAD or Zeemax will also be beneficial
- In addition to English, Mandarin or Cantonese is desirable
Regular North American travel will be required, including trade show participation, with occasional European trips (estimated at twice per year).