Sunex Inc, is a fast growing company specializing in imaging optical solutions for digital imaging industries worldwide. Our US headquarters is located in the beautiful coastal city of Carlsbad, 25 miles north of San Diego, CA. Our manufacturing sites are located in Shanghai and Kunshan, China. Sunex is a leading lens and camera module supplier that pioneers market requirements with leading technology companies, automotive Tier 1s and OEM camera companies. The primary applications of Sunex lenses and modules are automotive (rear-view, surround-view, ADAS, autonomous vehicle cameras), consumer drones, surveillance, IoT, video-conferencing and VR cameras.
Sunex has an immediate opening for a Senior Lens Designer- Zemax in our Carlsbad, CA location. You will be working a team of talented engineers and scientists to design the next generation lenses for advanced imaging applications. You will also be expected to work with our technical sales team to solve technical challenging problems and come up with innovative optical solutions.
- Perform detailed imaging lens design using Zemax or Code V
- Perform advanced optical coating analysis
- Provide technical solutions to potential customers from a wide variety of industries including automotive, medical, security, IoT, VR/AR, and robotics.
- Participate in trade-shows and identify potential leads
- Contribute to group technical and sales activities
- Visit customers/partners onsite within US and abroad
- Be a liaison between customers and our manufacturing operations in China.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our booth #3455 at BiOS and Photonics West Feb 1 - Feb 6, 2020 in San Francisco Moscone Convention Center.
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- BS or MS degree in optics, EE or physics with optics or imaging concentration
- Proficiency in Zemax or Code V or similar optical design software
- Demonstrated background in imaging optics or digital imaging systems with 5 years of real world design experience
- Knowledge or experience in optical coating, manufacturing and testing processes
- Project management and overseas travel experience a plus
- Team management experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to take on new challenges and to grow with our company.
- A team player in an entrepreneurial environment
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Up to 10% travel, domestic US and international (Asia and Europe)
- No cold calling is required
- Employee must meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, by performing all work-related tasks in a manner in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- We provide excellent compensation package including health and retirement program and year-end performance based bonus.