Halliburton Energy Services
With more than 70,000 employees working in over 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of innovative products and services to the oil and gas industry.
Scientist - Physics
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
As a member of the Halliburton Technology Development Team, candidates will utilize their diverse development background in the research and development of monitoring systems used for down-hole applications. Candidate duties vary widely with a mix of interfacing with customer stake holders to define technical requirements, research, development, prototype build and testing, field installation of prototypes, transition of prototypes from R&D into manufacturing, etc.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of monitoring systems from concept to field deployment, including system modeling and testing in relevant environments.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for select monitoring systems; Applies theories, principles and practices to the research and development of new and improved monitoring systems.
- Independently drive projects based on project management principles and procedures.
Job Specifications and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with fiber optic sensing required, in particular in the area(s) of Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) and/or Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) and/or Distributed Strain Sensing (DSS) and/or Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) based sensing.
- Experience with project management desired
- Experience with down-hole monitoring systems desired
- Experience and general knowledge of the oil & gas industry desired
- Experience with product development and manufacturing desired
- Experience with modeling, data management, data analytics desired
- Attention to detail and passion for solving complex problems
- Hands-on experience with various monitoring systems and filed installation a plus
- Willingness to travel to the field and other Halliburton locations for training and system testing
Characteristics: Highly motivated, excellent technical skills, capable of working in multi-discipline teams and on an individual basis when needed, self-starter, good communication, leadership, teamwork and time management skills. A passion for complex application development and good troubleshooting skills are a plus.
Majors: Physics, Electrical, Optics or similar.
Degrees: M.Sc. or Ph.D.
Location: Halliburton, Houston, Texas