Responsible for business processes to include, but are not limited to, manufacturing processes, engineering, financial, materials and associated supporting processes, and systems. Responsible for troubleshooting line issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions. Determine opportunities for improvements in existing processes and operations. Ensures smooth implementation of design changes and performs process validation. Will work closely with R&D engineers to assure the smooth transfer of new products to manufacturing. Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office, and production facilities. Conducts studies in operations to optimize workflow and space utilization. Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety. Coordinate with department management and participants, lead teams utilizing process improvement tools, facilitate team decisions, manage team work, resolve team conflict, assist with the implementation action plans, and conduct follow-up.
Location: Tucson, AZ
- Adhere to all company Policies and Procedures and actively promotes Continuous Improvement and its activities and services to others
- Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, project management and state of the art presentation and platform skills
- Reviews and monitors processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Setup and monitoring statistical process and control (SPC) charts
- Responsible for increasing yield and reducing scrap. Identifying and making recommendations to eliminate bottle-necks in the production line and increase the production capacity. Report yields in production line, identify major yield points and improve yield to reduce scrap
- Work with R&D engineers to transfer new products to production line. Setup production line, SPC charts and yield report for the new production lines. Provide and maintain cost model for all products
- Documentation and quality control in production lines
- Lead process improvement teams intended to increase throughput by reducing process time and increasing yield (Lean Sigma)
- Train operators to follow written procedures. Audit production line to verify that procedures are being followed
- Write and maintain work instructions, station documents and workmanship criteria
- Maintain and specify production equipment
- Work with materials manager for supply chain optimization and inventory minimization through creating and implementing raw material Kanban’s
- Work with information technology department to improve database structures and collection methods to improve manufacturing
- Arrange and maintain facility and equipment unscheduled and preventive maintenance activities to minimize manufacturing downtime
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.S or M.S Degree in Engineering or related subject or relevant industry experience. 1-5 years experience with manufacturing and characterizing high power laser diodes preferred. Experience calculating and monitoring yields. Defining, designing and monitoring SPC charts. Strong computer skills (MS Access, Excel, Power Point, SPC, Minitab). Excellent communication skills. Willingness to commit to a project and the conviction to see the job through. Lean- Six sigma training and ability to lead a process improvement team. Will work in class 1000 clean room environment. Must wear Clean Room Attire duration of the time in the clean room.
[NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.]