At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
Coherent is one of the world’s leading suppliers of laser and laser-based solutions to a broad range of commercial and scientific research customers - designing, manufacturing and marketing lasers, laser-based systems, and related accessories for a diverse group of customers and markets. Since 1966, Coherent has expanded through a combination of internal growth and the strategic acquisition of related companies.
With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent is home to the most talented professionals in the industry. Join the brightest and largest team in the business to help continually take Coherent laser solutions into future generations.
The Fiber & Fiber Components group in Coherent’s East Granby, CT facility has a need for an Engineering Change Order Analyst. The successful candidate will work closely with both manufacturing and engineering to support our growing product line of Optical Fibers and Components. This is a fast-paced, highly technical and continually evolving manufacturing business with significant growth potential. Responsibilities include:
- Acting as the business unit owner of the Agile System, used to maintain and control files of Oracle item masters & bills of material
- Using the Agile system, supporting and overseeing change management for the Fiber Manufacturing and Sensors business units/teams, each with nuances in change management procedures, rules and responsibilities.
- Reviewing submissions for accuracy and completeness, and updating product attributes as necessary. This encompasses programming in Routings and Planning information to Oracle.
- Prioritizing the large number of Engineering and Manufacturing Change Orders (ECOs/MCOs) coming through, and taking necessary actions within reasonable time frames to keep changes on track.
- Ensuring documents, specifications, engineering drawings / reports and other documentation meets production standards.
- Actively seeking out solutions and implementing solutions, when problems arise, interacting with Engineering, Finance, Planning, Operations and Product Line Managers to meet joint commitments.
- Preparing metrics and status reports on change management.
- Authoring new SOPs to document existing change management procedures/processes (such as ECO authoring/submission, ECO approvals, etc.) Conducting training of employees, for both newly approved procedures as well as for onboarding new hires.
- Frequently working with the Change Analysts in other Coherent sites, to enable items and coordinate inventory attribute and transfer concerns.
Program Change Management
- Acting as administrator for major programs (such as New Product Introduction) and large-scale changes, including phase gate monitoring.
- Includes aiding with year-end cost updates via submission and monitoring of urgent ECOs.
- Working closely with corporate Business Process Development (BPD) to understand corporate policies and procedures, and implement site-wide changes when corporate policies are updated or systemic issues are encountered.
- Aid in inventory management by performing cycle count final approvals
- Sharing responsibility for the Kardex/VLM (Vertical Lift Machines) system, you will need to understand the software and its interactions with Oracle and make recommendations and decisions in areas affecting inventory and change control, and be able to fix issues that occur with inventory errors, cycle-counts, and data mismatches between the two systems.
- Assisting engineering with documentation of raw material specifications (such as chemicals), and assist Quality with tracking flow of RMA (Returned Material Assessments).
Training Compliance & Metrics
- Compiling metrics and conduct audits for ISO compliance related to completeness of training and training effectiveness, relevant to ECOs.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a related area is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar field. (Title commensurate with experience.)
- It is desirable for the applicant to have an understanding of financial and accounting terminology and general business and manufacturing practices. Previous experience with Oracle and Agile is strongly recommended.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required. Individual must be responsible, energetic and highly motivated. Must possess a high level of organization and be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks. Detail oriented, as systemic changes/decisions have financial impacts. Must working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. Team oriented – ability to engage effective working relationships with all levels of personnel in the organization while maintaining enthusiasm and a willingness to share ideas and learn.
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel to be able to perform loading of mass data files to Oracle/Agile.
- The position requires that the applicant must have a strong degree of self-motivation and direction, using prior experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals on a regular basis. The individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and also be able to direct long-term tasks through to completion. Some projects are highly supervised, some are minimally supervised.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.