Coater Tech Senior (2nd Shift)
|Coherent, E.Hanover / Mt Olive, NJ, United States|
At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
Works under moderate supervision to perform standard and non-standard handling, cleaning, loading & unloading tooling fixtures and loading of optical substrates into vacuum coating chambers for thin film coatings. Capable of inspecting and cleaning substrates before and after coating runs. Able to identify non-conformances in the material and properly select associated tooling per the part number and job number. Assist engineering and senior techs on routine equipment maintenance. Also included are the following tasks:
- Required to work in clean room attire; full coverall jumpsuit, booties, shoe covers, hairnet and/or beard cover, and gloves.
- Required to work with tweezers & small hand tools for loading/unloading crystals into fixtures.
- Must be able to work with various chemicals for cleaning; ie. methanol, acetone, IPA & anhydrous alcohol.
- Good hand eye coordination a plus.
- Capable of reading, understanding and following procedures and work instructions.
- Microscope experience a must for inspection and fixturing.
- Abide by all company safety requirements.
- Capable of working in a production environment.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Sandblast and chemically clean tooling/fixtures
- Previous dimensional measuring experience a plus.
- Capable of performing repetitive work on a regular basis.
- Capable of performing spectral wavelength, transmission and reflectivity measurements
Education and Work Experience:
4 to 6 years of experience in optics thin-film coating.
Vocational training a plus. Basic reading, writing and math skills. Must be able to work under a microscope with good hand/eye coordination and dexterity. Must have basic computer knowledge and be capable of entering data into the company computer software program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.