R&D Manufacturing Associate - Part Time (TEMP)
|Coherent, Plymouth, MI, United States|
At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
Coherent is one of the world’s leading photonics manufacturers and innovators, offering a unique and distinct product portfolio that touches many different markets and industries. The Plymouth, Michigan facility specializes in Industrial Automation products, including the design, build and service of laser manufacturing systems.
We are looking for a temporary Manufacturing Associate to support our fast paced R&D department. This role can be part-time (minimum of 24 hrs/week) with some flexibility to accommodate a student schedule.
This person will be performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including:
- Work with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies
- Use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment
- Determine and assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process
- Work with engineers in conducting experiments
- Pursuing a technical degree in Physics, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience - candidate must be at least 2nd year in program, to account for 1+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- SolidWorks and Altium experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.