Responsible for business test processes to include, but are not limited to, manufacturing test processes. Responsible for troubleshooting line issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions. Determine opportunities for improvements in existing test processes. Ensures smooth implementation of design changes and performs process validation. Will work closely with R&D engineers to assure the smooth transfer of new products to manufacturing (Test). Responsible for all aspects of high power laser diode performance verification. This person will work closely with engineering, product development and production groups to characterize the performance of high power laser diode chips, bars, arrays and higher level of test assemblies.
- Develop and maintain production test processes and equipment for products produced
- Support the production testing of electronic assemblies
- Create and maintain necessary documentation for product specifications and testing
- Ensures manufacturing system and subsystem process and parts meet design specifications when products are shipped
- Facilitates quality improvement in the quality of test, in manufacturing processes, supplier parts and design
- Ensures application of test repeatability and reproducibility standards to new and existing testing of products
- Reviews and monitors processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Setup and monitoring statistical process and control (SPC) charts
- Engineer test methodology, procedures and equipment to characterize high power laser diodes and other related assemblies. Includes designing, developing and maintaining test/burn-in procedures and stations used for production of high power laser diodes
- Manage and conduct both Product Acceptance Tests (ATP) and Design Verification and Qualification Tests (DVQT) on new and existing products in line with requirements. Includes creating test plans, assembling test equipment, hands-on testing, analyzing results and generating reports
- Review new product specifications and provide feedback on test methodology and feasibility
- Maintain and improve existing test solutions through software and/or hardware upgrades
- Develop systems to report test results to engineering and production teams in a clear and precise manner
- Uses RMA and Mfg test data to drive product improvement
- Work with R&D engineers to transfer new products to production line to ensure the manufacturability.
- Setup production line, SPC charts and yield report for the new production lines
- Set up a system to perform the Maintenance/ Calibrations to all test equipment
- Lead process improvement teams intended to increase throughput by reducing process time and increasing yield (Lean/ Sigma)
- Write and maintain work instructions, station documents. Maintain and specify production equipment
- Manage ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949:2002 and AS9100 equipment calibration compliance
- Work with information technology department to improve database structures and collection methods to improve manufacturing
B.S or M.S Degree in Electrical Engineering or related subject or relevant industry experience. 2-5 years direct experience with manufacturing and characterizing high power laser diodes preferred. Must be goal oriented and use experience and judgment, as well as a certain degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals. Experience calculating and monitoring yields. Defining, designing and monitoring SPC charts. Strong computer skills (MS Access, Excel, Power Point, SPC, Minitab). Excellent communication skills. Willingness to commit to a project and the conviction to see the job through. Lean-sigma training and ability to lead a process improvement team. Must be able to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. Must be skilled in Excel and SQL/MS Access. Programming experience in Labview, LabVIEW, C, .NET, Visual Basic, Matlab or SQL. or a similar programming language is required. Will work in class 1000 clean room environment. Must wear Clean Room Attire duration of the time in the clean room.
[NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.]