Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Group / Division
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
As a member of the Image Computer (IMC) team, this engineer will work with senior members of the team to design, build and test high speed, high throughput IMC using both off-the-shelf and custom-built components. Major responsibilities include
- FPGA design and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design.
- Circuit debug and diagnosis
- Develop diagnostic scripts for PCB qualification testing
- System Integration
- Develop reliability qualification testing
- Documentation and release into manufacturing
- Experience in Verilog-based FPGA simulation, design and debug.
- Knowledge in PCIe, fiber optic communications and DDR4 interfaces
- Understanding of Printed Circuit Board design and electronics debugging
- Scripting languages, including Python
- Basic knowledge of computer architecture
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivated, interested in technical challenges, and able to adapt to changing technologies
- Proficiency in written and oral English
In addition, the following skills would be highly desirable:
Basic knowledge of Integrated Circuit (IC) design and/or IC Fabrication
Masters or PhD in EE preferred, BSEE acceptable with experience.
- Doctorate (Academic) OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience. OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.