- Design, build, align, and qualify optical and opto-mechanical components and systems.
- Derive test plans for component characterization and system optimization.
- Develop software tools in Python, MATLAB and/or other programming languages for analysis, automation and quality control.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of optical, mechanical, electrical, software and systems engineers.
The successful candidate will have some or all of the following traits/experience:
- Strong problem solving, validation and characterization skills; ability and willingness to adapt quickly to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the fundamental physics, optics, electronics and programming.
- Experience with optical alignment and/or design. (Experience with Zemax or other optical design software packages is desired, but not required.)
- Familiarity with common optical test equipment such as power meters, spectrometers, beam profilers, etc.
- Experience with imaging and/or optically probing biological systems.
- Ability and willingness to learn all of the above through on the job training and/or self-study.