Junior Instrumentation Software Engineer
|Opto-Alignment Technology, Inc., Indian Trial, NC, United States|
Opto-Alignment Technology, Inc. offer solutions for precision optical systems assembly and manufacturing. We specialize in creating advanced technology for the alignment, assembly, cleaning and handling of optics. We can custom engineer optical assembly equipment or use our standard products including lint-free wipes, handling gloves, vacuum-based optical handling and preparation systems, and lens assembly stations. And if you need help with optical assemblies, we offer expertise in optical and opto-mechanical packaging design, prototyping, ultra-precision alignment, assembly and test.
Opto Alignment Technology, Inc. (OATI) is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and creative junior software engineer to join our growing business of optical precision system development. The successful candidate will report to the CTO and work with OATI systems, electronical and opto-mechanical engineers to develop robust User Interface application code in support of the automation of precision optical devices and mechanisms. The person we are looking for will have a strong background programming Windows based applications that interface to light sources, cameras and automated positioning mechanisms. OATI maintains a “hands-on” work environment in which the candidate may contribute to the creation of software documentation, assisting with the testing of prototype systems and debugging released software in the field.
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience on Windows platforms using Microsoft C++/C#/Python and other .Net languages.
- Minimum of 3 years of software programming experience in the Microsoft.Net framework with expertise in Microsoft Remoting or Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Experience in programming Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is highly desirable.
- Experience in photonics, sensor technologies & optical instrumentation development.
- Experience with image processing using a popular image processing toolkit such as Halcon, Cognex, Matrox or OpenCV.
- Proficiency in programming computer device interfaces such as Serial, Ethernet, USB and general I/O.
- Experience or knowledge of optics, photonics, or image processing is preferred.
- Good communication skills, team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- BSc or MSc degree in engineering, physics or related field
- Experience with robotics and/or control of optical instrumentation
- Background in optics and 2D/3D image processing
- Good mathematical background