Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
As part of the TQE team, the Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, providing leadership to the management of key global supplier partners critical for TQE business success; managing overall supplier quality management systems; actively engaging in supplier selection process during new product development/introduction. The location of the position is in Jessup, MD.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Key supplier management ( primarily technical, quality)
- Ensure that suppliers are in conformance with TQE quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and implement the processes and systems needed to manage the supplier quality programs.
- Responsible for supplier audits
- Evaluate and develop new suppliers, second sources
- Lead the investigation and resolution of materials related vendor issues.
- Manage the supplier corrective action program through supplier quality reports, metrics, 8D reports
US Persons/Green card holders:
- Ability to work on ITAR related product(s)
- Minimum 5 years of supplier quality/ engineering experience in semiconductor, fiber optics, telecommunications or related industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronics/mechanical/materials science or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain best practices and ISO quality standards
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong SPC experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a matrix atmosphere
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.