Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Group / Division
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes.
BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
The successful candidate will join a high-caliber team of optical engineers within the BBP division to develop the next generation patterned wafer inspection platform. Optics is a core part of BBP products and this position is responsible for proposing, detailing, and testing new optical designs for wafer inspection tools addressing different market segments:
- Investigate different design options and find the best option by evaluating tolerances, manufacturability, light budgets and other trade-offs
- Translate system requirements into optical design and manufacturing requirements
- Complete thorough tolerancing analysis to have a complete system design with full consideration of alignment process and metrology, system calibrations and opto-mech design limitations through working with other groups (systems, ME)
- Follow complete design process, actively participate and present in critical optical system design reviews
- Debug, and trouble-shooting of any problems that arise with the system
- Technical expert in complex and high precision lens system design with broadband light source and high numerical aperture, preferably in DUV spectrum range
- Expert knowledge in optical performance analysis metrics and analysis method
- Strong track record of past experiences in designing, tolerancing, manufacturing and troubleshooting similar systems
- Understanding of semiconductor industry specifics, having prior experience in semiconductor equipment is preferred (metrology, inspection, scanners)
- Expert user of Code V or Zemax. Proficient with Matlab and LightTools is desirable but not required;
- Hands on experience with lasers, photonics, optics
- PhD in applied optics, physics or related disciplines desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, willing to share knowledge with junior engineers
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 8 years of experience. OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 12 years of experience. OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 15 years of experience.
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.