We are seeking creative, bold, highly motivated individuals who solve problems by thinking outside the box to be part of our laboratory team in the pristine environment of Monterey California, where traffic is light, the air is clean and access to the Bay Area and Los Angeles is easy.
This position can be either on a contract basis or full-time employment depending on qualifications. You will be responsible for running experiments, collecting diagnostic data and analyzing data in the field of optical science, plasma science, and nuclear physics. You will work with our multi-disciplinary team of experimentalists in their day to day activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our theory and computer simulation team members to define and execute experiments in the field of nuclear physics, electromagnetism and plasma physics.
- Operate existing experiments and design new experiments.
- Identify and acquire the materials and components to conduct experiments.
- Improve experiments or computer simulations as necessary.
- Capture and analyze experimental data, document conclusions and provide clear, concise reports.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degrees in physics, engineering or a related technical field. Equivalent scientific and industry experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Working knowledge of lasers, optical diagnostics, experimental plasma physics, RF and high-frequency circuits, high vacuum or high-voltage power electronics.
- Experience in experimental design, techniques and execution in a laboratory.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, geographically separated, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment.
- Innovative mindset, you will be asked to submit examples of innovative activities in your hobbies, past inventions, patent filings, etc.
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Python, R or other programming language
- Microwave and magnetron sources
- Superconducting magnet systems