At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
Coherent is one of the world’s leading suppliers of laser and laser-based solutions to a broad range of commercial and scientific research customers - designing, manufacturing and marketing lasers, laser-based systems, and related accessories for a diverse group of customers and markets. Since 1966, Coherent has expanded through a combination of internal growth and the strategic acquisition of related companies.
With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent is home to the most talented professionals in the industry. Join the brightest and largest team in the business to help continually take Coherent laser solutions into future generations.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work in our CO2 Business Unit located in Bloomfield, CT who will develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and processes for the purpose of sustaining the manufacture of existing Laser products as well as the introduction of new products.
- Providing day-to-day technical support for the production line including cleanroom, sub-assembly, optical build, and laser final test areas
- Maintaining the quality, reliability, and cycle time standards of the current laser build process
- Continuously improving current production methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, quality control standards, and warranty metrics
- Taking responsibility for electronic travelers, assembly and process methods, and bills of materials
- Working with Quality, Reliability, and Supply Chain teams to improve product performance
Implement corrective actions for problems reported by our customers
- Participating in transferring new products from R&D into production following project management strategies (Cadence principles, and MS project)
- BS in Applied Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Physical Science majors or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge
- 5+ years of hands-on Manufacturing Engineering experience with diode-pumped solid-state lasers, diode-pumped fiber lasers and/or high-power harmonic conversion preferred
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder (position is ITAR regulated).
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Lean Manufacturing background with Applied Knowledge
- Demonstrated Capability working with standard problem solving techniques like 6 SIGMA
- Excellent MS Office product skills
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with team members to complete tasks in timely manner
- Passionate about lasers and producing best performing Laser products
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Product Data Management (PDM) software used to manage BOMs and documented manufacturing processes through an ECO workflow. (e.g. Agile PDM)
- Self-motivated, hard-working, goal oriented, task focused, and a reliable team player