Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Group / Division
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
The successful candidate will join a high-caliber team of systems engineers within the RAPID division to develop the next generation EUV reticle and photomask inspection platform.
This role will involve requirements analysis, system design and testing of complex inspection systems using expertise from multiple technical disciplines. The selected candidate will:
- Work with marketing and engineering to define system architecture and develop requirement specifications and test plans
- Work with functional groups to define and review designs.
- Participate in prototype integration and testing of assemblies, subsystems and systems.
- Create and execute test plans and perform analysis to validate system performance.
- Will trouble shoot system and subsystem issues and work with various subsystem teams to find and implement solutions
- Support internal and external customers in implementing processes to build and use the tool effectively and optimize tool performance. Lead troubleshoot efforts in manufacturing and in the field
- Occasional travel will be required
- Must have a strong background in engineering or the physical science and demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Must have a good understanding of Optical, Electromechanical and Software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment.
- Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills in optics, opto-mechanics, and motion control systems
- Experience with lasers and illumination systems, CCD/CMOS cameras is a plus
- Must be familiar with scientific and statistical analysis tools and SW tools such as Matlab, JMP, Zemax and LabView
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, would be a plus
- Experience in developing a subsystem in one or more of the above areas are highly desirable
- Agility and ability to thrive on a fast-paced program and respond quickly to field and internal escalations
- Must be an effective communicator able to share technical information with functional groups and provide executive level reports to management and customers
- PhD in applied optics, mechanical/electrical engineering, physics or related disciplines desired
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 8 years of experience
- Industrial experience in one or more of the following:
- System engineering
- Optical systems
- Imaging systems
- Complex systems
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.