• Bachelors degree completed from accredited college/university in optics, physics or electrical engineering and pursuing an advanced degree.
• Minimum 0-1 years of experience with modeling, simulation, and data analysis of remotely sensed data from visible and infrared optical sensors
• Minimum 0-1 years of experience with opto-mechanical design for optical sensors.
• Good theoretical understanding of optical system engineering including analysis and testing
• Good analytic skills in electro-optical sensor performance including radiometry, stray light, optical design, and testing
• Demonstrated strong analytic problem solving skills in visible and infrared electro-optical sensor performance, including radiometry, pan chromatic, multi-, and hyperspectral image processing and exploitation
• Strong computer programming skills in an engineering application environment such as MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, or Mathematica
• Demonstrated experience with optical design code such as CodeV and/or Zemax, experience with stray light code such as FRED, and other related optical software packages such as LightTools and SolidWorks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and government customers, and with contractor personnel
• Must have or be able to obtain an SCI SSBI security clearance
• Advanced degree - Masters or Ph.D
• Laboratory experience with optical instrumentation and set ups