|The Aerospace Corporation , El Segundo, CA, United States|
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Integrated Sensor Design and Analysis Department supports electro-optical payload development by performing systems engineering analysis in a concurrent engineering environment. Systems are evaluated from optical, thermal, and structural perspectives. Systems engineering activities also involve development and analysis of testing methods for sensor systems and large aperture optics. We support the optical design, analysis, and testing of sensor systems from short-turnaround prototypes to Class A satellites.
- Develop, model, and analyze the opto-mechanical design of space-based systems including quick-turnaround prototypes and cubesats using CAD, FEA and optical analysis software.
- Generate opto-mechanical designs for implementation and build of novel sensor concepts to meet evolving customer requirements and missions.
- Analyze optical structural performance for static deformations, modal analysis, and thermal deformations.
- Interact with senior staff and department management to solve challenging technical problems that arise on EO sensor system programs.
- Degree from an accredited university in optics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or another related field.
- 5+ years of experience in opto-mechanical design of optical systems, experience with remote sensing space-based systems is a plus.
- Must be able to perform detailed opto-mechanical system design and analysis using CAD tools such as Solidworks, NX and/or SpaceClaim.
- Demonstrated experience in applying opto-mechanical principles to optical testing of systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of radiometric, thermal, and structural effects on optical performance metrics.
- Strong computer programming skills in an engineering application environment such as MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, or Mathematica.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and government customers, and with contractor personnel.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information TS/SCI SSBI security clearance.
- Background in structural or thermal analysis using FEA
- Advanced degree.