Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Thorlabs is currently seeking applications from highly motivated individuals to inform and educate the photonics’ community about Thorlabs’ products and their applications. The ideal candidate will be a recent or upcoming graduate with an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral degree in physics, optics, lasers, imaging, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a closely related field.
The successful candidate will work to strengthen Thorlabs’ position as a leading manufacturer of Photonics products. In support of that mission, he or she will develop effective product presentations for our website and for use at tradeshows. Technical marketers work closely with graphic artists to create presentations. Original content is based on basic information provided by Thorlabs’ engineers and business unit leaders. Hence, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
Laboratory experience beyond basic laboratory courses [i.e., participation in a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU), senior honors project, or the like] is highly desirable. The candidate should also have strong writing and presentation skills in English, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work under time constraints, and a desire to learn about new technologies.
- Develop effective content and application images for use in various forms of marketing collateral
- Create tutorials, sales sheets, monitor presentations, posters, and brochures
- Develop application images based on Thorlabs’ products
- Partner with the graphics staff to create product videos and animations
- Learn and implement best practices for building website content
- Develop and implement search engine optimization projects for various product lines
- Participate in defining and developing new product and/or product enhancements
- Additional responsibilities may include participating in and leading marketing projects and attending tradeshows
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral Degree in Physics, Optics, Lasers, Engineering, or a closely related field
- Strong writing and presentation skills in English
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multitask, be detail oriented, and solve problems, all while under tight time constraints
- 5 years of applicable experience or documentation of completed coursework towards a degree from an accredited institution
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.