Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
COME SEE US AT BOOTH JF108 ON APRIL 16TH & 17TH AT THE SPIE DEFENSE AND COMMERCIAL SENSING CAREER FAIR
Manage National Space Focal Plane development programs within the Teledyne Imaging Sensors (TIS) National Space group focused on organizing and managing interdepartmental (Engineering and Manufacturing Operations) activities to ensure completion of the program on schedule and within budget from proposal, project initiation, and then through delivery. The applicant needs to have Program Management skills but not required to have experience as a Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Program Execution:
- Owner of (responsible for) planning and execution of National Space Focal Plane development program(s). As the program owner, the manager is fully responsible for program’s cost, schedule and technical performance. The Program Manager must:
- develop and status program plans (resource loaded schedules and budgets and track these plans with tools (Earned Value Metrics, Milestone Collection, etc.)
- lead team (contracts, accounting, finance, planning, subcontract, procurement, operations, quality, and technical team) to program success
- communicate clearly and concisely to your team, customer, customer’s support staff, and Teledyne management
- manager/lead/support the definition, closure planning, and closure of program/technical issues with a complete closure plan and be able to communicate to customer’s team and Teledyne management
- responsible for meeting financial and schedule targets (revenue, profit) of assigned programs
- present to customer briefings of progress, issues and solution approaches as well as guide key technical personnel building and communicating briefings
- provide time-phased need for technical and equipment resources to Teledyne management
- manages program subcontract, consultant and material procurements
- frequently work with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system providing data (BOM, Schedule, Drawings, Resources, etc), tracking and reporting
2. Marketing, Business Development and Business Capture:
- Supports the business development of new programs, cultivating new customers, and developing new technology. As a business development support the position should:
- participate with Business Development staff and TIS management to establish strategic plans and annual operational objectives
- manage/lead/support the preparation and development of program proposals to obtain future business
- participate in the negotiation of contracts
- Ensure a culture of integrity and compliance is promoted within Teledyne and its customer community
- Support the analysis, evaluation, and planning of methods to achieve solutions to complex technical, operation, and programmatic problems
- Understand focal plane technology and development to a level to be used to define the tasks, estimated time, expenses, and manpower for program planning and execution
- Identify and assist in the development of patentable intellectual property
- Direct and control the activities of the members of the program team
- Has overall control of planning, staffing budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods
Qualifications & Competencies, to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Recent, positive experience in managing or leading program execution as a Program Manager, Integrated Product Team Lead Cost Account Manager, Project Engineer or Project Planner for the development of Focal Plane Modules, Focal Plane Assemblies, Electronics Subassemblies, and/or Electro-Optic/Infrared Sensors/Instruments.
- Proven ability to manage and/or lead fast paced, complex programs.
- high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- performs work without appreciable management direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- build creative approaches to solving wide range of customers’ budgetary and programmatic problems
- excellent communication/presentation skills and be able to work effectively with diverse personalities, various levels of management, and various levels of customers.
- Clearly communicates very complex ideas, in writing and verbally; able to adjust communication to match the recipient Working knowledge of space development lifecycle gated milestones (new business, proposal, negotiations, CIR, SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, etc.)
- Experience with IR and Visible Focal Plane Modules or their Sensors/Instruments is preferred. Knowledge of infrared focal plane array technology and/or semiconductor device physics and their development operations preferred
- Demonstrated capability to advise higher levels of management and customers on advanced technical research studies, contracts, or projects and applications
- Advanced computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and MS Project Supervisory Responsibilities
- Exemplary ethics and business conduct, and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- B. S. (M.S. preferred) in Physics, Engineering or Science with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in high technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with managing (or leading) programs, projects or integrated product development team or strong experience with overall program knowledge as a project engineer or project planner of multifaceted projects or programs involving unique and/or complex technology (see Qualifications and Competencies)
- Working experience of and/or certification in space flight development PMP, CM, EVMS (or equivalent) is preferred
- US Citizenship with active Secret/ SBI security clearance
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately 10-20%.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year