Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
COME SEE US AT BOOTH JF108 ON APRIL 16TH & 17TH AT THE SPIE DEFENSE AND COMMERCIAL SENSING CAREER FAIR
The Sr. Program Planner develops, maintains, and assesses a program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on customer requirements, proposal/program manager’s program plan/input, and proposal/program’s project lead’s plan/input.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support a program’s proposal team in their planning, documenting, and cost assessment prior to proposal release.
- Support the Program Manager during all phases of a program in monitoring program’s day-to-day state-of-health assessment and, as required, support team leads to mitigate program cost/schedule issues.
- Expected to build, baseline, and maintain schedules (task and resource loading) consistent with the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG)
- Expected to assess schedule health and analyze plan’s risk and resource using Software Solutions Inc (SSI) tools (or equivalent)
- Responsible for providing weekly program reporting (e.g. Earned Value, FTE Charged to Plan, Cost to Plan, Drawings to Plan, Hardware Execution to Plan, etc.) to the Program Manager.
- Communication (verbal and written) to program manager, customer, and senior management of schedule status through the results of key analysis (e.g. critical path, risk, variance, what-if, etc.)
- Provide support to program reviews that demonstrate thorough cost and schedule integration
- Participation in program’s daily standups, weekly status, and other program status tracking activities
- Work with program’s engineering, operations, test, and suppliers to directly input status, assess issues, as well as develop work-arounds or mitigations for late tasks
- Work with program managers, business operations, engineering, and operations in support of implementing earned value management on select programs
- Work with program’s project leads (engineering leads, operations, quality, procurements, and test) on a weekly basis to build initial plans as well as assess program status and develop/propose corrective/recovery action plans (this may occur directly or during group meetings)
- Serve as subject matter expert in program planning and scheduling to the program team and mentor less experienced program planners
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Accounting, Finance, Program Management or Program Planning & Scheduling
- Minimum 3 years of scheduling experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment (preferably aerospace)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Earned Value Management, tools, and metrics
- Direct experience in developing and maintaining schedules (task and resource loading) consistent with the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG) and assessing/reporting their health, resource planning, and risk using Structured Solutions Inc Tools (SSI, or equivalent).
- Direct experience in developing (or helping to develop) a work break down (WBS) structure from a statement of work
- Demonstrated Microsoft Project experience (or similar project scheduling software)
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience (preferred) in setting up, performing, and reporting program earned value
- The ability to interface and influence at all levels of a program and organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct, and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Project Management and/or Earned Value Management Certification preferred
US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance; active security clearance at Secret / SBBI level preferred
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year