Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Group / Division
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
- The Servo System Group manager will lead a multi-disciplinary group of talented individual contributors who will develop multiple mechatronic systems for a next generation reticle inspection tool, from technology evaluation and selection, specifications development, prototype and final subsystem development, product validation, verification, transfer to manufacturing, and support of customer ramp.
- The manager and the group will collaborate with highly-qualified specialists in multiple engineering domains to develop all servo-related elements of this new inspection system, including passive and active vibration control, beam steering, metrology and XY stage position control.
- Specific tasks will include: evaluating system-level concept designs through simulation; designing, testing and refining control system compensation; specifying subsystem dynamic requirements; collaborating with mechanical, electronic, software and other engineers to either develop or purchase key subsystems; collaborating to test and qualify these subsystems; developing and maintaining system-level dynamics error budgets; collaborating to integrate, test and optimize active elements of the complete inspection station; and supporting system development through engineering and alpha tests, customer beta testing and subsequent support during system manufacture.
- Maintain ownership of the product performance through the lifecycle and be responsible for improvement projects and support of field and manufacturing issues.
- Must have the knowledge and experience to effectively work with experts in optics, electronics, mechanics, software, and algorithms as required to determine root cause of system dynamic performance issues and drive their resolution.
- Some travel (< 10%) may be required to support vendor collaboration, and product transition to manufacturing, beta support at customer sites, and for complex escalations that require onsite support.
Additional details regarding responsibilities:
- Conduct trade-off studies, identify high-risk areas, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Own creation and execution of prototype test plans for dynamic subsystems. This will involve integration of subsystems, testing against design requirements, analyzing test data, and generating reports.
- Drive product or feature introduction. This includes preparation of first draft requirements for system alignment, calibration and troubleshooting diagnostics for existing and new products, training of operations and field personnel, and solving technical issues that may impact production introduction.
- Drive team to resolve system issues at customer sites or in manufacturing. Work with engineers at locations around the globe to solve dynamics-related issues escalated to engineering: establish root cause, develop plan of action (POA), guide local teams in execution of POA, and document issues and solutions to improve design and/or procedures so that they may be implemented across the fleet in a standard manner.
- MS or PhD in engineering discipline, with 6+ years of experience in servomechanism development
- 3+ years leading servomechanism projects is highly desired
- Specific experience with lithographic inspection tools is preferred
- Strong background in simulation of dynamic systems, preferably using Matlab or Simulink
- Experience creating and maintaining error budgets relevant to position accuracy of ultra-precision servomechanisms
- Ability to flow top-level system dynamics requirements down to specifications for servomechanism subsystems
- Strong experience integrating, testing and optimizing performance of precision servomechanisms
- Doctorate (Academic) in related technical field with at least 5 years of experience. OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience. OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.