Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Group / Division
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
- As the lead system engineering manager on a next-generation reticle inspector using electron beams, you will define the top-level system specifications, allocate requirements to the subsystems, calculate the system error budget, define and resolve interfaces and working parameters for the optimum hardware/software performance of the tool.
- Apply systems engineering principles to predict tool performance to find areas for system improvement. You will apply logical and systematic conversions of the customer & market requirements to define this tool’s required operating point.
- Define and document system and sub-system level allocation of requirements and interfaces. Ensure that future design modifications & upgrades do not violate the chosen operating point within the overall constraint space.
- Manage a small but experienced team to support system optimization at all levels in the tool definition, design, implementation and test.
- BS degree plus 15 years, or Master's degree plus 10 years, or Ph.D. degree plus 6 years of relevant experience and accomplishments.
- Experience with complex systems with multiple sub-systems delivering highest possible performance.
- Experience with low-volume, high-complexity, high value tool development.
- Experience within the semiconductor, analytical instrument, or other relevant industries.
- Experience with inspection equipment development and/or electron beam systems.
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 6 years of experience or
- Master's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience or
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 10 years of experience
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.