IDEX Health & Science is the global authority in fluidics and optics, bringing life to advanced optofluidic technologies with our products, people, and engineering expertise. We are respected worldwide for solving complex problems and delivering complete path innovation for analytical, diagnostic and biotechnology applications for the life sciences market. As a genuine and trustworthy partner, we solve our customers’ most demanding challenges with the industry’s most extensive portfolio of state-of-the-art components and capabilities that are unrivaled in breadth, quality, performance, and design. Our vision of the complete path goes far beyond just meeting our customers’ needs — it anticipates them, with intelligent solutions for life. We here at IH&S specialize in the assembly of Fluidic Valves, Fluidic Connections, Optical Systems, Optical Filters, UHPLC Fittings, Degassing Solutions, Custom Design, Fluidics Design, Optics Solutions, Microfluidics, Manifolds, HPLC, UHPLC, Tubing, Fittings, and Low-Pressure Connections.
IDEX Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diversified products in industries ranging across health, science, safety, fire, and fluidics. Operating in 24 countries, IDEX is an innovative and rapidly growing company, focused on delivering excellence through diverse, winning teams. With a strong reputation for providing career growth opportunities, IDEX is a lean, non-bureaucratic and high performing environment. We’re a global provider of applied solutions serving a variety of markets. These include life science and medical technologies, process industry and infrastructure related applications, industrial/municipal fire, and rescue - to name just a few.
This position is responsible for the mechanical design of opto-mechanical systems and specialized production equipment, and the creation of engineering drawings and documenting of such systems. This role will work with the manufacturing engineering team and R&D team to support new product development by leading the design of custom alignment and test equipment for optical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to design precision mechanical and opto-mechanical systems and mechanisms.
- Fluent with Mechanical CAD software such as SolidWorks.
- Ability to analyze and assign manufacturing tolerances.
- Working knowledge of GD&T per ISO standards.
- Ability to generate complete engineering fabrication documentation & bill of materials.
- Provide mechanical design support through manufacturing, assembly, and test.
- Communicate effectively through email, presentations and technical documents.
- Supports company values including ethical conduct and high integrity in all actions.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks of similar and varying priority
- Creation of technical reports and presentations
- Ability to work with assembly and test technicians to develop and debug procedures
- Comply with the Clean Room Protocol when entering a clean room environment
- Knowledge with opto-mechanical design is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of FEA analysis (SolidWorks Simulation, ANSYS, etc.) is an advantage
- Proficiency with electro-mechanical actuators and controlS