R&D Director for Scientific ECDL Laser Systems (m/f/d)
|TOPTICA Photonics AG, Munich, Germany|
TOPTICA Photonics AG is a leading, medium-sized high-tech manufacturer of laser systems for science, biotechnology and metrology applications with over 300 employees worldwide. High motivation and individual responsibility in the service of our clients characterize the company philosophy of this privately run "hidden champion", which is lived by our employees with great commitment.
- Managing the ECDL R&D development team
- Responsible for budget planning and control of all associated projects
- Coordinating the required engineering resources with other R&D departments
- Challenging hands-on tasks in optical development and system engineering of ECDL laser systems for scientific and industrial applications
- Advanced research on technologies for next gen quantum and OEM projects
- Business development and execution of funded research projects
- Collaboration with domestic and international partners from universities and other research institutions
- Scouting new technology for compact next gen laser systems and identification of reliable suppliers
We are looking for people who share the same “Passion for Precision.” that keeps us excited and has resulted in over 20 years of commercial success in the scientific and industrial environment.
- Scientific and/or engineering background (M.Sc., PhD in physics), Post-Doc experience welcome
- A minimum of 5-years professional hands-on experience in R&D of laser systems for quantum optic or OEM applications
- A minimum of 3-years experience in leading development teams
- In-depth understanding of semiconductors and/or ECDL laser systems
- Enthusiasm, willingness and the ability to work in a team
- A target-oriented working style meeting high-quality standards
- Eager to grow within the role. Willingness to learn German
Please submit your resume directly to email@example.com stating your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
TOPTICA Photonics AG, Lochhamer Schlag 19, 82166 Gräfelfing
Tel. 0 89 / 858 37-0· Fax: 0 89 / 858 37-200 www.toptica.com