Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of mechanical, optical, aerospace and electrical engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for the aerospace, defense, entertainment, commercial, consumer, and medical industries. We support our clients with advanced mechanical, optical, aerospace and electrical design, analysis, optimization, test, prototype development, and manufacturing using modern CAD and CAE tools and leveraging our clean room laboratories.
We are looking for an Opto-Mechanical Project Manager in our San Diego Office to join our growing team. Come join our robust optical systems group focused on a variety of applications including eUV metrology, near-to-eye optical displays, LIDAR systems, laser systems, astronomical telescopes and instruments, illumination optics and spotting scopes. Our core competencies include optical systems design and analysis, opto-mechanical design, analysis and optimization, and build & test.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and manage projects from beginning to end; develop project plans and communicate appropriately; obtain and manage the appropriate and necessary resources to accomplish objectives in a timely manner
- Ensure project is delivered on time, on budget and achieves desired goals
- Develop non-ambiguous, appropriately refined, and fully documented project requirements
- Apply creativity, experience, and analytical abilities to problem solving
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships in order to contribute to the future success of Quartus
- Design, develop and analyze optical systems by applying principles in optics, mechanics, thermodynamics, and materials science
- Design components and systems for both short-term and long term solutions for customer applications.
- Provide tolerance analysis and recommendations for tolerances required for system performance
- Analyze problems and design custom solutions on a project by project basis
- Provide reports in PowerPoint or word describing in detail the problem, design space, solutions, and limitations of a design
- Build test stations for evaluating system performances in a hands-on cleanroom environment
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by consistently educating oneself in areas of science necessary for completing the projects and tasks at hand
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS and/or MS in Opto-Mechanical, Mechanical or similar Engineering field and/or equivalent experience
- 7 – 15 years of experience in opto-mechanical design and analysis using optical cad software
- 3 + years managing programs (schedule, scope, budget, resources) from start to finish.
- Hands-on experience with opto-mechanical mechanical assemblies and alignment processes
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate a fundamental understanding of an optical system to non-optical engineers
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment where projects change on a yearly to semi-yearly basis
- Documents work using Microsoft Word or PowerPoint
- Successful candidates must be positive team players who are committed to excellence
- Must be able to communicate effectively -- in written and verbal format
- Must be able to take direction for job functions
- Must be willing to learn new skills, software packages and general engineering knowledge
- Must be able to manage own schedule and technical work product
Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match. Quartus is an equal opportunity employer.