Job Description and Responsibilities
The Coherent Integrated Optical Systems business unit is a precision optics and optical assemblies design and manufacturing group, which specializes in high-precision aspheres for a variety of specialized applications including semiconductor and flat-panel display manufacturing, ground and space-based telescopes, defense systems and other exotic scientific and government-sponsored programs. The business encompasses the Tinsley Custom Optics product line, and is located in Richmond, CA.
• Process Development engineers are critical members of our production and program teams, responsible for designing and developing critical optical fabrication processes.
• Interprets and evaluates optical component drawings and determines best processes and methods needed to meet drawing specifications.
• Develops and applies optical fabrication processes for the manufacture of ultra-precision optical components of various materials (glass, metal, ceramic) using both computer controlled (zone polishing) and conventional polishing methods.
• Develops and establishes standard manufacturing processes for the optical finishing department.
• Utilizes optical and mechanical metrology equipment to measure optical surfaces.
• Coaches and trains technicians in glass polishing techniques, optical fabrication methods.
• Responsible for leading process development efforts that expand capabilities, increase yield, and improve cycle time.
• Work on cross-functional teams to ensure completion of projects from substrate procurement through final coating and assembly. Primary Responsibilities
• Execute daily tasks towards facilitating the completion of fabrication thru all departments.
• Troubleshoot and solve manufacturing issues such as yield and specifications.
• Participate in Design Reviews and champion Manufacturing Readiness Reviews.
• Collaborate on cross-functional daily meetings to resolve any thru-put issues.
• Perform metrology set-ups and work with technicians on testing and polishing
Please apply online at https://www.coherent.com/company/job-search using JobID: 8724