Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. The Company provides a collaborative and cordial environment and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings, and Diffractive Optics.
Wasatch Photonics is seeking an individual to take comprehensive ownership of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS). The chosen candidate will provide leadership and oversight to ensure QMS is implemented with adequate procedures, work instructions, guidance documents, process controls, communication and training programs which result in a robust, compliant and executable Quality System. This candidate will be the owner of implementation and continuous improvement of internal process controls as well as have responsibility of supplier quality. This is a customer facing role that must understand external requirements and expectations, user and business needs and takes proactive measures to leverage the QMS as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Improve yield and on-time delivery by identifying and applying continuous product and process improvements.
- Develops, implements, and continuously improves QMS processes and practices and ensures it is properly supported ensuring compliance, usability, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supervise and advise quality and inspection team, ensuring accurate and efficient inspection practices.
- Leads quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility.
- Develops process improvement plans & leads efforts to reduce risk through evaluation of internal and external feedback.
- Ensures process efficiency and compliance effectiveness by working with QMS documentation control and training teams to deliver compliant and prioritized QMS customer focused solutions.
- Interfaces with leadership on various initiatives to support strategic decision making, maintain strong communication, and establish cross functional operating mechanisms.
- Leverages metrics to assist in shaping the strategy of the assigned area of responsibility.
- Drive opportunities to leverage best practices across both the Logan and Durham Wasatch Photonics sites.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience in the Photonics or Optics Industries
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an ISO Internal Auditor
- Excellent technical writing skills and fine attention to details, to include composition, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Office word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications
- Experience managing project teams.
- Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.