Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The individual in this position will be a member of the technical support team of Thorlabs China. Alongside with other team members, this person will be responsible for providing technical support to customers based at Mainland China and Hong Kong, ensuring the core value of Thorlabs, which is customer centricity, and satisfaction of Thorlabs services and products.
- Provide technical support and answer customers’ technical questions via phone, email and online web support tool;
- Select appropriate products and provide solutions according to customers’’ requirements by means of reproducing customers’ setup in lab or cooperating with other entities of Thorlabs, etc;
- Arrange the return and repair process for malfunctioned products;
- Provide customers with installation and training service on large-scale equipment;
- Work with R & D engineer to test prototypes;
- Generate new product ideas and assist in designing new product;
- Attend conferences and trade shows and set up Demos;
- Work with marketing personnel to give proof-reading for translated technical documents;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master's Degree or higher in Optics, Opto-electronics, Physics or equivalent;
- 1+ year relevant work experience required;
- Good understanding in Optics, Mechanics and Electronics;
- Proficiency in both oral and written English;
- Hands on experience in a Photonic lab is highly desired;
- Customer centering mentality;
- Team player.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary based on his/her role, individual performance and competencies, as well as market competitiveness
- Mandatory social insurance and housing fund in accordance with PRC Laws.
- Optional supplementary medical insurance
- Annual medical check-up
- 10-15 days of annual leave days per calendar year
A101, 100#, Lane 2891, South Qilianshan Rd Shanghai 200331
If you are interested in this position, please update your resume and forward to China-HR@thorlabs.com