Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Thorlabs Scientific Imaging group in Austin, Texas designs and manufactures state-of-the-art digital cameras and imaging systems. We are seeking a talented, experienced driver and SDK software engineer to develop host drivers and an overall SDK for FPGA-based, high-speed, data acquisition host adapters used in Thorlabs products.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Working with internal customers to finalize product requirements
- Development of SDK including kernel-mode PCIe drivers for the acquisition hardware
- Debugging of kernel- and user-mode driver and SDK components
- Development of unit tests and contributor to overall software and system test plans and utilities
- Minimum 5 years driver and SDK design experience with 2 years of device-oriented product commercialization experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert-level proficiency in C and C++
- Demonstrated Windows kernel mode device driver and SDK development expertise for high-speed, data-intensive, peripheral devices with a successful release track record
- Excellent debugging skills in both kernel and user mode
- Board-level production test software development and implementation
- Extensive experience in API development for devices
Desireable Skills and Experience
- PCIe devices
- Imaging systems
- Digital signal processing
- Linux device driver development experience
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.